If it’s Saturday morning, it must be time to Write for 5. Or not! This is Week 3 of doing this and I’ve so enjoyed reading the writing of those writers who have taken the time out of their hectic schedules to sit themselves down and courageously face the blank page and screen.
If you’ve participated before, you know the routine. If not, here are the guidelines:
· I post a photo (or two) here at 8am on Saturday morning.
· You look at the photo(s) above this blog post.
· You take as much time as you need up to Sunday at 9pm
· When you’re ready to write, set the timer for five minutes.
· When you’re done, you post your results in the comments.
· Do I ever look at what I’ve written and change a few words, and fix it slightly? Of course. I wouldn’t want you to put up what you don’t feel comfortable sharing. But perfection is not the goal. Heck, it’s not even possible. Five minutes. That goes FAST. But that’s the challenge and for me, that’s the fun.
· Form is open: poetry, CNF, Flash fiction. You decide.
· After it’s over, on the following Monday, I’ll let you know whose writing touched me in that moment in some way. Usually, it’s in a way that I’m not always able to define as to why. Then, I choose a book for that writer from one of my books and mail it to them. It’s an awesome way to cull my books, and to give someone a nice surprise.
Good luck. Give it a try!
PS: I probably won’t be posting my own response until Sunday morning. No time this Saturday. Very thankful for the scheduling feature in WordPress.